That's right people, I have witnessed a miracle!! And it all went down at my friendly neighborhood WALMART!(of course)
I had to take Cole to walmart so he could get his watch fixed and while we were in the jewelry section i did what any other normal, american woman would do and tried on a bunch of the totally fake, but HUGE DIAMOND rings that they have on a little kiosk there(see pic of said ring from walmart below). No big deal, it doesnt mean I don't LOVE my current wedding ring!!!!!!!(I swear), but a girl can look can't she??? 
So no big deal right?? My husbands at home with no idea of what I was doing at walmart. Everythings fine. We finish our shopping and go home. We eat dinner, we watch some TV and then at about 9:30pm we head upstairs to go to bed. It was right around this time that I realized I didn't have my wedding rings on!!! Uh Oh!!! I left them on top of the Kiosk at Walmart!! After a slight freakout, I spilled the beans to Jason, and we raced down to walmart (thank goodness they're open 24 hours) I prayed the whole way there, while jason silently fumed, did I mention that this is about the 4th time I've lost my wedding ring (something that drives my husband crazy) Anyway, I run in to walmart and they are still sitting in the exact same spot that I left them!!!!YIPPEE!!!!!A MIRACLE, if ever there was one.
Jason says the moral of the story is...Be happy with what you've been given Julie, and don't EVER take off my rings!!
7 comments:
That was funny! I think the moral of the story is be happy with what you have by reminding yourself while trying these rings on, yours is real, and that you know he didn't buy it at wal-mart:) In alaska I tried on a ring that had a price tag of $27,000.00. It was pretty but soooooo not me. I thought who in the world can buy this?
Wow! That so sounds like something I would do! Last Christmas I was shopping at the Dollar Store for some last minute stocking stuffers, and left my purse in my shopping cart in the parking lot. Lucky for me some honest soul took it inside to the store manager and they held it for me.
That is an amazing story. I would have totally been freaked out.
WOW! I glad that you found your ring again. That must have been a little nerve racking. Jim lost his ring at work. He washed his hands and throw away the paper towel after he washed his hands. The ring went with the towel and in the garbage. He didn't realize that the ring was missing until later that night. The next day was a Saturday. He was lucky and got a key to the office and found his ring. I guess that's a good sign that our marriage will last forever.
I'm a believer too. Yeah, I've got a similar story, but I still think yours trumps mine. Angels must have been hiding those rings from everyone. Whew!
I am so glad your rings were there. I actually wear one of those cheap Walmart rings as my wedding ring and I miss my real one. (My knuckles have been swelling- no it's not cuz I'm fat- seriously) Let's get together. We've heard about you guys via Laura from Misty--but miss ya!
Hi Porters,
I don't know if you remember us but we in 2nd ward with you. My hubby Matt was in EQ with Jason. Matt ran into Jason last summer at the Temple. We live in Eastern PA. Your family is beautiful!! You and Jason look the same. :) Drop us a line if you have a chance
Marie and Matt Porter
Post a Comment